Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: music rights

  1. #1
    Inactive Member scoobysnax's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Could anybody tell me how i could find out much it would cost to use a piece of music for commercial usage, as i need this information for a college assignment.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member anasazifilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2000
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A LOT is your answer!!!

    I suggest getting so music that others at college have composed themselves (not COVERS or VARIATIONS)!! Or just compose you own... believe me it's a lot easier!



    ------------------
    PHILIP HAWKINS

    Anasazi Films LTD.
    www.anasazifilms.co.uk

    *Check out the Anasazi Films Production logo at
    http://members.nbci.com/anasazifilm/logo.mov *

  3. #3
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Tust write to, or email the artist and ask them!
    Ive done this a few times, and explained what I was trying to achieve. They have always been very helpful and accomodating, although I have never followed it through.
    It depends on many things, such as the amount of music you want to use, what the story is about, where it will be shown. You best bet is to simply ask the people who make the music you want to use. Between you you can then come up with some arrangement.
    For example I asked an obscure band how much it would cost to use a song for a short film shown at festivals in the UK. I explained I was on a tight budget and they came up with 120 pounds. For one year. Which is pretty kind of them, I think, for a professionally written tune.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •